Saturday, January 5, 2013

2013 Resolutions

I've been looking back at 2012 and finding places where I can definitely improve for 2013. I know we may have all written lists in the past and then a few months into the new year we totally forget about them and then never accomplish them. I want to break that this year.

I've decided to just pick 3 things that I want to work on this year. I don't need to overburden myself with too much to remember and I wanted to make them meaningful. I wanted to pick things that would change my life in some way.

I want to strengthen my relationship with my Heavenly Father. This can be done in a number of ways. By serving in my calling as 1st Counselor in Young Women's, scripture study, family and personal prayer, obeying the commandments, attending the temple, sharing my testimony, etc.

I want to be healthy in body and mind. For my body I want to eat even healthier than we do now. I'd like to only eat out once-a-month, cut out the bad sugars, get the kids more involved in the cooking, etc. I also want to exercise an hour every day to help my body feel good and to give me more energy in the day. And of course hiking and biking are all included in the exercise portion. For the health of my mind I plan on staying away from crappy T.V. programs that have no substance, crappy books and movies that have too much violence and sex. Anything that will make my mind unhealthy.

And last but not least I want to take time out for myself. Being a mom and a working mom, I feel like I never take time for me. In order to change this I am working on my dream of becoming a published author. I'll be going to lectures and conferences to help me work on my craft and become the best me I can be. I am going to read 3 books a month to feed my ideas. I am going to play the piano for fun a few nights a week. Anything I can do to help take time for me to be sane. That includes dates with my husband and time for two of us too. And I really want to make our yard look beautiful this summer. I love gardening. It's therapeutic.

So, what will you be focused on in 2013?


No comments: